Monday, November 5, 2012

Left Behind


As I write this entry, Fred is in Madison, Wisconsin.  Jedidiah and Anna are in Toronto, Canada.  Josiah is in Champaign, Illinois.  One daughter is in Ames, Iowa.  Micah is at ballet, and I am sitting in my car at the Marion Library, my home away from home.

I'm missing my family, and realizing that the season of life I have been dreading since the day I brought my firstborn home from the hospital, has finally arrived.  I probably should have developed some hobbies before now to make the transition a little less painful, however I am thankful for every second I've had with my family.  It's just hard to figure out what I'm supposed to do now. 


Left Behind

Each time I'm forced to say "good-bye"
My heart breaks a little more.
Another of my dreams will die
When you walk out that door.

If only wishes made it so,
You'd be right here with me.
But there are places you must go
That I will never see.

Life passes in a hurry.
Mine is more than half-way done.
These lines are getting blurry.
Being left behind is not much fun.

November 5, 2012
Marion Library


No comments: